Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad
"My mother makes this beautiful and colorful salad for all special occasions," notes Amy Osborne-Schebler of Davenport, Iowa.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple, cheese and walnuts; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 410 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Cheese and Nut Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Nov 30, 2011
Quick and easy recipe. The dressing is very sweet and I added a little extra lemon juice in order to balance the sweetness. Cheddar cubes are a nice addition and go well with the apples.