Michigan Cherry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 7 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 9 cups)
- 3 ounces spring mix salad greens (about 5 cups)
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Place raspberries, vinegars, preserves and sugar in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 172 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2018
This was sooooo good. I made it with grapes, then apples, and I prefer the grapes. I also tried it with both pecans and smoked almonds, and the smoked almonds really took it over the top. But excellent as written, too.
Jan 28, 2017
Very good. Perfect for a family dinner.
Oct 19, 2015
My guests loved this salad!! I followed the recipe to a T and it was delicious! I was a little scared about using the Gorgonzola cheese, but it really did made the dish. (It's an acquired taste) I'll definitely be making this again!!
Oct 18, 2015
I thought this was delicious. I normally make all of my salad dressings and have never made one with berries in it. Brilliant idea. I added more sugar and a little honey as it needed more sweetness because the berries were tart. I substituted feta for the gorgonzola as I had it on hand. I also used glazed pecans as I already had those. My dinner guests loved it and I am planning on making it for Thanksgiving. Great salad to add to my rotation. Thanks for sharing.