Cherry-Chicken Pasta Salad
The Women in Mission group at my church always receives compliments for this sweet and savory salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried tarragon
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onions and cherries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, mustard, pepper and tarragon. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 525 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 25, 2016
Very simple and tasty salad. The celery and onions add a nice crunch and contrast to the chewiness of the cherries. I used 1/8 teaspoon of dried tarragon which seemed to be the right amount of seasoning for my taste.