Pasta Fruit Salad
When I serve this unusual but delicious dish at a buffet dinner or picnic, it always draws favorable comments. Give it a try! —Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 large firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the fruit. Combine yogurt and orange juice concentrate; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 192 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Pasta Fruit Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1999