Frozen Cherry Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Maraschino cherries and orange wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and whipped topping. Stir in pie filling. Fold oranges into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with cherries and orange wedges if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 201 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 2, 2015
I made this delicious salad or dessert last night and declare it a winner. We loved it. I was out of mandarin oranges so used pineapple instead. And, we didn't wait for it to freeze but ate it unfrozen. Delicious. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe.
Sep 12, 2015
I love this!! It reminds me of a salad my mom made when we were kids. It's just old fashioned good!!
May 29, 2014
My hubby is nuts for this! I've made it several times. Have not adjusted it. Followed the recipe. Easy to make and so pretty. Thinking of trying this with a can of blueberry filling. Has anyone done that yet?
Apr 2, 2013
Made this dessert for dinner guests. It was just okay for us, not great. Sorry.....
May 25, 2010
This is delicious; however, I never freeze it. I just whip it up and serve it refrigerated in a bowl. It is just as delicious and takes less time (no freezing required). Thank you for a great recipe.
Apr 11, 2010
Very good and pretty with marachino cherries and fresh orange slices as garnishes.
Feb 9, 2010
Very good & quite pretty too. It would be great for Valentine's day or a girl's baby shower.
Jan 17, 2010
This is so pretty and delicious. At my house it disappears so quickly that sometimes I don't get to sample it!
Dec 24, 2008
The whole gang of picky eaters loved this!! It is a real keeper in our house. Thank you, thank you!!