Serve wholesome granola over this thick, rich yogurt for a quick breakfast. Or layer it in a parfait glass with granola and fruit for something special. It will keep in the refrigerator for the week. Look for 100% cherry juice at the store, since the cocktail blends have added sugar. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 147 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fruit.
Feb 4, 2010
I would not make this recipe for me, but my family loves it, so I would definitely make it for them. I do not like yogurt, but they do. It's a keeper, for them, not me.