Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
Sep 5, 2012
So simple, yet delicious. I didn't puree the strawberries, though. I mashed them with a potato masher so there would be chunks. The last step about removing from freezer 30-45 before serving is important. It's much easier to serve and taste better when it's a little soft.
Aug 26, 2012
Love this recipe!
Aug 12, 2010
Oved this for a light treat. Very refreshing and will make this often
Sep 29, 2009
Very Yummy, very easy and will do this one again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.