Peach Frozen Yogurt
When peaches are in season, we order them by the bushel. This quick and creamy frozen treat has wonderful fresh fruit flavor. It's a big hit with everyone in my family. —Stephanie Nohr, Cornell, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- Place the peaches in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, peach puree and gelatin mixture until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until partially set.
- Cut into pieces and place in a large bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 179 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Peach Frozen Yogurt in Taste of Home August/September 2003