Peach Frozen Yogurt
"When peaches are in season, we order them by the bushel," says Stephanie Nohr of Cornell, Wisconsin. "This quick and creamy frozen treat has wonderful fresh fruit flavor. It's a big hit with everyone in my family."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- Place the peaches in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, peach puree and gelatin mixture until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until partially set.
- Cut into pieces and place in a large bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 179 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Peach Frozen Yogurt in Taste of Home August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.