Blood Orange Avocado Salad
My refreshing side salad is such a nice addition to our calorie-loaded Thanksgiving dinner. Use regular oranges if you can't find blood oranges. Finely chopped walnuts work well in place of the pomegranate seeds, too. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 large red grapefruit, sectioned
- 2 medium blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients.
- In a serving dish, combine avocados, grapefruit and oranges; sprinkle with onion and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with dressing. Top with cheese. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 241 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Blood Orange Grapefruit Avocado Salad in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.