Chicken Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 546 calories, 44g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 8, 2015
Day one this was ok, too fruity however and day 2 it was just plain yucky
Apr 22, 2014
Best chicken salad ever. Used Miracle whip instead of mayo. Yummy!!!!
Apr 9, 2014
Added raisins instead of grapes - LOVED IT!
Feb 8, 2014
Everyone loved this chicken salad. Delicious!!!! I used an oven roasted chicken from the grocery store....it couldn't have been easier.
Oct 8, 2013
This was refreshing and delicious. Makes for a light lunch. I used pecans instead of walnuts.
Feb 27, 2012
Wonderful recipe with all my favorite flavors! Thanks for sharing!
Jul 24, 2011
I love this recipe.. It's light and tasty and healthy. I use cranberrs instead of grapes.
Mar 12, 2010
Has anyone tried this without the avocado? We are not big fans but the rest of the recipe sounds very good...should I substitute something for the avocado or is it just as good without it?
Sep 29, 2009
You can lighten up on the ginger a little, and add glazed pecans instead of walnuts, and trader joe's has orange-cranberry raisins that would be awesome on this. Also a little dijon mustard or a pinch of horseradish could be used. You could sprinkle with finely crushed flavored potato chips of your flavor preference just before serving, too!
Mar 18, 2009
Very refreshing! Served it on a bed of field greens. Liked the crunch of the celery and walnuts with the sweet taste of the grapes. Definitly put in recipe box for one that I will make again. Make sure your avocado is firm to the touch as to not turn into mush when you toss the ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.