Easy Tomato Avocado Salad
I came up with this recipe one day when avocados were on sale at the market. It's a nice change from a lettuce salad, plus it's quick to make.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add avocado and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 173 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Avocado Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.