Easy Orange and Red Onion Salad
This is a very unusual salad that’s easy to prepare in a hurry. The combination of red onions and oranges is delicious and unique. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. Place oranges and onion in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 127 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Orange and Red Onion Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.