Mixed Greens with Orange-Ginger Vinaigrette
Zingy vinaigrette combines orange juice, ginger and a flick of cayenne. Just whisk, toss with greens and top the salad your way. —Joy Zacharia, Clearwater, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette; transfer to a serving dish. Top with oranges and onion. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 119 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Dec 12, 2019
Beautiful salad and the ginger adds a wonderful flavour.
Jun 17, 2016
Very tasty! The fresh ginger was a nice addition. Don't be tempted to try ground dry ginger. It's just not the same; trust me!