Tossed Green Salad
I never clutter the table with different bottles of dressing. Everyone who tastes my quick and easy herbed version loves it.—Carole Holder, Norman, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine greens, cucumber, peas, onions and celery. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 92 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tossed Green Salad in Country Woman January/February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.