Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (about 3/4 cup dressing)
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 fresh broccoli florets, sliced
- 3 fresh cauliflowerets, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ITALIAN DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens and vegetables. Cover and chill. In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a jar with tight-fitting lid; chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shake dressing before serving; pour desired amount over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup salad with 1 tablespoon dressing: 136 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 11, 2014
a good mix of veggies
Nov 22, 2012
A healthy salad fr my Mom
May 28, 2011
Very good. My daughter who doesn't like salads said she would eat this one anytime!
Feb 9, 2009
I changed the salad ingredients somewhat, but made the dressing just as directed. Very good.