Three-Bean Salad for 3
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil and pepper; stir into bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 154 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 2, 2017
A simple little side that goes a long way in Taste. I made mine up the day before I actually served it. I also cooked my own green beans and I switched out the Wax beans for Black Beans. And I made it a little healthier by losing the sugar and using Honey instead. I doubled up on the dressing ingredients. This will feed more then 3 if serving as a side dish.Very nice short and snappy little recipe.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
May 13, 2015
Absolutely great in salads. I sometimes use corn or black beans in place of kidney beans - delicious!
Jul 31, 2012
Perfect Easy... the longer in the Fridge the better it tastes...
Jun 2, 2012
I lost mom's recipe for this bean salad and glad I check this site....this is the recipe. It's excellent, mom has been making it for years.
May 23, 2012
Aug 1, 2010
My entire family enjoyed this wonderful salad. Even my little son Peter asked for more. This ones a keeper!