Green Salad with Dill Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups torn Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- Whisk together first four ingredients; gradually whisk in oils and, if desired, salt until blended. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together salad ingredients; refrigerate, covered, until serving. Serve with dressing, stirring to recombine if needed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 139 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 26, 2012
This is a great salad, I did not use a few ingredients, the radishes are not a favorite in my home, along with the green onions. But I did add shredded cheddar cheese and some black olives, really good...and healthy. Love the dijon mustard in the dressing. So easy to throw together for a quick dinner and add some wine of course!!!! littlerich xoxoxo