Fancy Green Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cranberries, blue cheese and sunflower kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 176 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 4, 2012
This is an excellent salad. I also used feta instead of blue cheese and baby salad mix.
Jan 31, 2010
I make this salad with feta rather than blue cheese. It is one of my family's favorite salads.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.