Nutty Green Salad
From Delray Beach, Florida, Barbara Robbins shares her recipe for a deliciously different summery salad just for two. You’ll want to try this light curry-orange dressing!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 8 pecan halves
- CURRY CITRUS DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the salad greens, carrot and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Curry Citrus Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.