Crunchy Apple Mixed Greens Salad
Whenever our staff celebrates a birthday or a special occasion, "Mary's Apple Salad" is always at the top of the wish list! The ingredients can also be prepared the day before and put together in a flash for our teachers' 20 minute lunch time.—Mary Robertson, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 2 cups bagel chips, coarsely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Granny Apple Salad in Thanksgiving Recipe Cards 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.