Crunchy Apple Mixed Greens Salad
Whenever our staff celebrates a birthday or a special occasion, "Mary's Apple Salad" is always at the top of the wish list! The ingredients can also be prepared the day before and put together in a flash for our teachers' 20 minute lunch time.—Mary Robertson, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 2 cups bagel chips, coarsely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Granny Apple Salad in Thanksgiving Recipe Cards 2012