Strawberry & Pecan Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 heads leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, 1/4 cup sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt until sugar is completely dissolved; set aside.
- Place pecans in a small heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until nuts are toasted. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Break apart.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, strawberries, cheese, sunflower kernels and sugared pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 247 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2017
This is a very good salad. It's easy to make and has lots of flavor. If you don't want to eat it right away, make sure to leave the sauce on the side or else your salad will be soggy.