Nutty Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed tart apples
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup cold evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine apples, celery, grapes and marshmallows. In a chilled bowl, beat milk until frothy. Add sugar and vanilla. beat in mayonnaise and peanut butter.
- Pour over apple mixture; stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in nuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 91 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 23, 2015
I am asked to make this every year for Christmas dinner. Instead of plain peanut butter every time, I sometimes will use apple dip instead. Equally yummy!
Dec 22, 2012
Stimulates a ho hum appetite with crunchy texture and zingy peanut butter flavor. My elderly Mom loved it, and she doesn't usually try new foods!
Nov 13, 2012
Have made this salad several times and love it. It has a very interesting and delightful flavor. The perfect side dish for any meal. Calorie friendly!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.