Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 121 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Mar 31, 2016
I am personally not a celery fan and am allergic to nuts, but I love this salad without those two ingredients. It is a family favorite at holiday meals. I have been making it for 6 years now and don't get tired of it.
Feb 20, 2016
Quick and easy. However, I used canned whipped cream that I was trying to get rid of; not as good a result. Next time I will use the whipped topping called for OR make it like my grandmother did, whip REAL cream. Can't beat that!
Nov 25, 2014
Nice side dish for a fruit dish.
Jul 29, 2013
I added some pineapple chunks to this recipe. Delicious!
May 4, 2013
very easy and good tasting
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.