Apple Walnut Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup dressing)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or flaxseed oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices sweet onion, quartered
- 1 cup cubed Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, vinegar and oil; set aside. Just before serving, place romaine and spinach in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 227 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2012
I served this at a family Christmas gathering for 14 people. Everyone loved it and I had to give the dressing recipe to several people. I could not find the pumpkin seeds and it was still really good. I would love to put those in next time.