Walnut Pear Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 medium pears, peeled, halved and sliced
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Combine the pears and dressing in a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, add greens to pear mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 211 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 23, 2016
This salad was very tasty, and a great way to use pears. The only reason I'm only giving it three stars is that I found it just too sweet for my taste. This definitely is good, I would just eat a very small portion next time. I added crumbled feta, as the salty flavor helped tone down the sweetness.
Nov 1, 2012
This was delicious! It was fresh, light tasting and the dressing for it was just right. I added pomegranite seeds for crunch and color plus I topped it with chicken breast. It was great!