Apple Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Add apples; toss to coat. Place lettuce over apple mixture (do not toss). Refrigerate; toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 50 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Aug 6, 2013
Very different and tasty. Easy make ahead. Not a mouthful was left. I always have chopped nuts and feta cheese on the side for a variation. Excellent salad.
Dec 20, 2011
very citrisy, crunchy. good for a change up to gatherings
Jan 11, 2009
This is a great recipe. After tossing the lettuce and apples, I add goat, blue or feta cheese crumbles to the top of the salad, along with some cranraisins and chopped pecans. Looks beautiful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.