Apple-Raisin Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. Place spinach in a large salad bowl; top with apples, raisins, peanuts and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 160 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Jul 27, 2010
I recently hosted a luncheon for some ladies my husband works with and I served this salad. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. It was so good, I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I've even packed it to take to work for my lunch. I used whatever apples I had on hand. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.