Warm Apple & Pistachio Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped crisp apples, unpeeled (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and ginger; cook and stir until apples soften and begin to caramelize, 3-5 minutes. Stir in pistachios and Dijon mustard. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour two-thirds of apple mixture over spinach. Add spoonfuls of ricotta cheese; top with remaining apple mixture. Drizzle with honey. Add fresh pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 278 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2017
Wonderful blend of healthy flavor! As Kmiecik said, "an unusual salad". I followed the recipe directions; my husband and I enjoyed every bite.
Nov 15, 2017
Wonderful! Yes, as Kmiecik said, an unusual recipe. I followed the recipe; my husband and I enjoyed every bite.