Warm Asparagus Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a blender, combine the onions, vinegar and soy sauce; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 299 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 11, 2015
I discovered this recipe a few years ago, and my family loves it. I am not a big asparagus fan, but I love it in this salad.
May 27, 2014
Fantastic combo, all these ingredients. My youngest, 8, gobbled it up. I served it with a side of grilled chicken breast, added a fresh fruit salad and dinner was ready in about 40 mins including prep. How nice is THAT on a weekday? Worthy of guests, too.
Dec 14, 2011
My whole family has a hard time eating asparagus plain, but even the children loved this dish.
Jun 5, 2011
loved the combination spinach and pasta. great flavor!