Warm Asparagus Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a blender, combine the onions, vinegar and soy sauce; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 299 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 11, 2015
I discovered this recipe a few years ago, and my family loves it. I am not a big asparagus fan, but I love it in this salad.
May 27, 2014
Fantastic combo, all these ingredients. My youngest, 8, gobbled it up. I served it with a side of grilled chicken breast, added a fresh fruit salad and dinner was ready in about 40 mins including prep. How nice is THAT on a weekday? Worthy of guests, too.
Dec 14, 2011
My whole family has a hard time eating asparagus plain, but even the children loved this dish.
Jun 5, 2011
loved the combination spinach and pasta. great flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.