Four-Berry Spinach Salad
Nature's candy abounds in the berry-filled salad. Its slightly tart dressing contrasts deliciously with sweet in-season fruit. —Betty Lise Anderson, Gahanna, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. In a small bowl, combine spinach and berries. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts; toss to coat.
Originally published as Fruit and Spinach Salad with Citrus Dressing in Country Woman June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.