Apple-Strawberry Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour over salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 29g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 1015mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2012
This salad is very tasty and great any time of year, it is so colorful. I use Romaine lettuce in place of spinach. Definitely worth a try.
Aug 29, 2011
My family and I give this a 5 star rating. We loved this recipe because we have never had fruit added to our veggies. The dressing is to die for! I made it with a side of cold pesto Penne Regate. We did not feel full and enjoyed every bite.Yes, I continue to make the same dressing, sooo good!