Zucchini Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, zucchini and walnuts. Add salad dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 114 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 7, 2014
Quick and yummy!!!
Sep 15, 2013
I used 1/3 cup of strawberry balsamic vinegar and 1/3 cup of olive oil and the vinegar keeps the apples from turning brown or you can simply toss with a teaspoon of lemon juice which shouldn't affect the taste at all. The balsamic does "color" the apples though because it is dark.
Sep 12, 2013
Do you do anything to prevent the apples from turning brown?
Nov 14, 2009
Makes a great lunch to take to work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.