Grapefruit Lettuce Salad
A light vinaigrette flavored with cilantro and grapefruit juice drapes this tangy salad from Vivian Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "You can make the vinaigrette ahead because it keeps well in the refrigerator," Vivian notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- In a small bowl, whisk the grapefruit juice, oil, vinegar and honey; stir in cilantro. In a salad bowl, toss lettuce and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 120 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grapefruit Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.