Carrot Apple Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 21, 2015
Both my husband and I enjoyed this salad. I do not like mayonnaise so I added extra yogurt.
Feb 10, 2013
Refreshing. Great for a potluck item.
Dec 25, 2012
Absolutely wonderful! Served this for Christmas dinner.
Jun 17, 2011
I make this all the time. My mom found it first in L&T, and passed the recipe to me. Fantastic. Tips: be sure to drain the pineapple well; I use 2/3 cup of other yogurt, such as lemon, orange, etc. in place of the vanilla and plain. Makes it extra special.
Apr 20, 2011
Very Tasty. I replaced the mayo with FF Ranch Dressing. I didn't have vanilla yogurt so I used plain yogurt and added vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten it.
Nov 24, 2010
This is an excellent salad and not what you would expect. It is one of our favorite recipes!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.