Nutty Apple Butter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 4 pounds apples (about 8 large), peeled and chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until apples are tender.
- Whisk in peanut butter until apple mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 43 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 26, 2015
i had not thought of adding peanut butter, so will try this fall. I wash my apples good, cut in quarters and take core out then cut once more and cook till they are soft. Then put through ricer. Now I have applesauce and ready to add sugar. I don't add spices till an hour before ready. This saves lots of standing time for me. Nonie
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.