Nutty Apple Butter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 4 pounds apples (about 8 large), peeled and chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until apples are tender.
- Whisk in peanut butter until apple mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 43 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2015
i had not thought of adding peanut butter, so will try this fall. I wash my apples good, cut in quarters and take core out then cut once more and cook till they are soft. Then put through ricer. Now I have applesauce and ready to add sugar. I don't add spices till an hour before ready. This saves lots of standing time for me. Nonie