Cinnamon Apple-Nut Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pecans, cranberries and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 29, 2019
Excellent flavors and festive colors!
Dec 26, 2019
I used Granny Smith and Kanzi apples for this recipe. I didn't feel right about using scallions, so I chopped up two celery ribs instead. I also added pomegranate instead of dried cherries or cranberries. I made my own mayo. I made the dressing first and the last thing I did was chopping the apples. This was a real hit at the table but it makes a huge amount!
Oct 27, 2014
I made this for a church Thanksgiving dinner. It was a hit!!