Cinnamon Apple-Nut Salad
This sensational apple salad features lots of color, taste and texture. But don't wait for a party to enjoy it—treat your clan to this refreshing and tasty delight on weeknights, too. The cinnamon in the dressing is a fantastic accent to the crisp apples. —Jessica Lin, West Hartford, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pecans, cranberries and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Autumn Apple Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013