Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 141 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 27, 2015
I make this with chunks of avocado, slivered almonds and small slices of red onions Yummy!!
Jul 8, 2012
This was tasty. I added some feta.
May 14, 2012
Quick and easy.
Apr 8, 2012
I like the nice assortment of crunchy nuts and seeds in this salad. It went over well at our Easter get-together. I used the balsamic vinegar and omitted the chopped onion due to time constraints.
Apr 3, 2012
I served this salad with a grilled steak. My husband even said that he didn't know if I could top this meal. The salad was so good. I used the white vinegar and substituted canola oil for the olive oil. Thinking about making for my side dish to bring for Easter!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.