Sesame Almond Slaw
Crunchy veggies and noodles are coated in a tangy dressing in this pleasant slaw. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded romaine
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Split ramen noodles in half (save the seasoning and half of the noodles for another use). Break apart remaining noodles; place in a bowl. Add the cabbage, romaine, onion, almonds and sesame seeds.
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, canola oil, water, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper; shake well. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Toasted Almond Slaw in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.