Almond Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs. In another bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently. Stir in almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate and add the almonds just before serving. Garnish with kiwi if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 351 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Nov 7, 2017
Nov 3, 2017
I cut the recipe down to serve 2. Instead of chicken, I substituted Quoran meatless chicken nuggets. Delicious.Thank you, Kathy, for sharing this recipe.
Jun 25, 2017
This is about the only chicken salad I will rat. The almonds add a special crunch!!
Apr 13, 2017
Wonderful recipe...You can also use in Tuna salad, egg salad, etc. Enjoy!!
Jul 11, 2015
Wonderful flavors! This is now my second favorite chicken salad.
Mar 6, 2014
This was excellent as is. Thanks for the recipe.
Oct 13, 2013
A good salad. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of chicken salads in general, as this still tasted a little bland for me, but of all the ones I've tried, I think this was the best. The grapes really add to it.....I couldn't imagine not adding them. I think serving it on a juicy slice of fresh pineapple or cantaloupe would add to it as well, and I liked the idea using greens with a light dressing of vinaigrette and avocados as a base too.
Oct 3, 2013
What a marvelous blend of ingredients! I served this at a luncheon and had leftovers for dinner. My luncheon guests and husband raved about it. I think their clean plates spoke volumes. I used mixed greens, dressed lightly with a vinaigrette, and sliced avocados as the bed for a generous mound of chicken salad. Delightful!!
Jun 18, 2013
In a pinch you can use caned white meat chicken. We don't like onions or celery. Skip the celery & use onion power. I have also put in a mold & released it just before serving.
Jun 17, 2013
Outstanding. One of the best chicken salads we have ever eaten!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.