Chicken Pecan Salad
In our house, this light and tasty salad is a real summer favorite! I usually serve it with sliced tomatoes and bread and butter. It can also be used to make wonderful chicken salad sandwiches - perfect in hot weather.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato wedges
- In a bowl, combine chicken and celery. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and salt. Pour dressing over chicken; toss well to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, toss with bacon and pecans. Serve on lettuce with tomato garnish.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 580 calories, 46g fat (10g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Pecan Salad in Country Extra July 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.