Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor— while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring constantly. Add to cornbread mixture along with pecans, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 404 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1035mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Pecan-Corn Bread Dressing in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1
Oct 12, 2017
Great recipe. We have and had pecan trees in the past. Texas is full of pecans. The green onions are a nice touch.
Dec 28, 2009
Wonderful, very tasty, my husband's favorite!