Cornbread Dressing with Oysters
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 to 10 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 2 slices white bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- 2 large hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained and chopped, or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 to 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in enough broth to make the mixture very wet. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 171 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 3, 2010
Forgot to add that I increased the poultry seasoning to 1.5 tsp.
Dec 24, 2009
This recipe is very oyster tasting so next time I make it I will use less oysters. I will also add more poultry seasoning. My husband loves the strong oyster flavor but the typical guest may not. It is very moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.