Southern Cornbread Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup turkey giblets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs and broth. Add to bread mixture; stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 264 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2013
This dressing had a good taste, but was just a little dry. We usually add dried bread crumbs to lighten the dressing up and I will probably do that next time because other than being a bit compact and dry this was very good.
Nov 27, 2013
Thank you!! This turned out DELICIOUS. This is now my go-to cornbread stuffing recipe. I was a little unsure about the eggs, but the texture and taste of everything blended perfectly. Only thing I did different was sauté the celery, onion, and bell pepper. Try this recipe -it's easy and tastes great!!