Grandma’s Corn Stew
This treasured dish was one of my grandma's favorites, and I have fond memories of making this stew with my mother. Now I serve it to my own family.—Trisha Kaylor, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
If a recipe calls for a small amount of chopped bell pepper, chop the remaining pepper and freeze for 3-6 months in a freezer bag or airtight container. Use directly from the freezer in a variety of dishes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 333 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1746mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Grandma's Corn Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book