Sausage and Cornbread Dressing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 medium onions, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups cubed day-old white or French bread
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pot.
- Add onions and celery to drippings; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sausage. Add cubed bread and cornbread; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, steak sauce, seasonings and baking powder until blended; stir into bread mixture. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Bake 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 240 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1112mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2015
Made this for the extended family Thanksgiving and got several compliments and a request to bring it next year
Dec 1, 2014
Made this for Thanksgiving. Huge hit !!!!! I love the Italian turkey sausage in this recipe !