Smoked Sausage & Potato Dressing
I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving. My husband is a picky eater, but he ate more of the stuffing than the turkey! If you have leftovers, top some with an over-easy egg for breakfast. —Adriana Torres, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium red potatoes (about 3/4 pound), cubed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 8 ounces smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add potatoes, broth, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes and kielbasa.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Smoke Sausage and Potato Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014