Quick Corn Bread Dressing
Marybeth Thompson of Thurmont, Maryland uses convenient pantry items to create Corn Bread Dressing, a swift side dish that complements the chops. "I revised a main-dish casserole recipe to make this unique stuffing side dish," Marybeth explains. "I've often delivered it, along with pork or chicken, to friends who are just out of the hospital. It always receives rave reviews."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onion, celery, corn and water. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine butter and mustard; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Corn Bread Dressing in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.