Apple & Apricot Stuffing
I found my stuffing recipe in a magazine years ago and made a few tweaks. I took out the pork sausage, and everyone likes the simpler version that features fruit and veggies. —Jeanne Horn, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 cups cubed Italian bread
- 5 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking sheets.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add apples, apricots, parsley and bread cubes. Stir in broth and melted butter. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 144 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.