Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes (8 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble sausage with onion and celery over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in coffee and seasonings; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through and edges are lightly browned, 2-2-1/2 hours, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 254 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 8, 2019
Question.... what's the coffee do? I've never heard of using it in stuffing. I'm saving the recipe ,tho. Gonna try it before the big T day,tho.
Nov 12, 2018
I put in dried cranberries. No coffee, chicken broth.
Nov 21, 2017
Of course, I will give this a five star rating. It is my own recipe. But, in my original submission, I included 1 cup of raisins to the ingredient list. Not essential, but it sure does add a lot more unique flavor. Enjoy !!