Shrimp Corn Bread Dressing
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 7 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes or crushed seasoned stuffing
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each black, white and cayenne pepper
- Celery leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups of water and seafood seasoning to a boil. Add shrimp; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; set aside three shrimp for garnish. Chop the remaining shrimp.
- In a large skillet, saute onion, celery, green pepper and green onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, cornbread, chopped shrimp, sauteed vegetables and seasonings. Stir in the remaining water. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Garnish with celery leaves if desired and reserved shrimp.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 245 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 28, 2015
Excellent as is but did change a few things, first I reduced the water by 1 cup and added 1 cup of chicken broth to the dressing mix I added 1/2 cup saut?ed sweet corn & 1/2 cup chopped sauted mushrooms, used diced garlic colves instead of garlic powder, added 1 1/2 tablespoons of poultry seasoning. I hate it when someone rates my recipes and then changes everything in it, but this was a really good recipe without the changes, I just thought these few changes might add to the dish. Next time I may add a few more shrimp just because I love shrimp. Idea, Garnish with some flamed grilled oysters or use Crawdads instead of shrimp. I will be sharing this recipe and making it again. Great for stuffed pork chops, stuffed chicken breast, stuffed flounder, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Just a perfect dressing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.